This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3132 / 51°18'47"N
Longitude: -2.8004 / 2°48'1"W
OS Eastings: 344312
OS Northings: 157425
OS Grid: ST443574
Mapcode National: GBR JG.XD9J
Mapcode Global: VH7CV.D8X4
Entry Name: Church of St Leonard
Listing Date: 9 February 1961
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1173932
English Heritage Legacy ID: 268827
Location: Shipham, Sedgemoor, Somerset, BS25
Civil Parish: Shipham
Built-Up Area: Shipham
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
ST45NW SHIPHAM CP THE SQUARE (West side)
2/168 Church of St Leonard
Anglican parish church. 1843 by J Wilson of Bath. Coursed and squared rubble, slate roof, coped verges, "Gothic" Nave;
small chancel embatted tower at south-west corner incorporating a porch to ground floor, tall bell chamber windows to
hexagonal upper stage. gargoyles probably reused from earlier structure. Three bay nave, 2-light windows with simple
tracery; 3-light east window, reticulated tracery. Galleried interior, elaborate arch-braced roof. Reredos appears
reused from a C15 hood screen; 2 early C19 wall monuments; 3 C18 chairs; stained glass in north window of nave
commemorates Hannah More.
Listing NGR: ST4431257425
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings