History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stable Block Approximately 20 Metres East of Settrington House

A Grade II Listed Building in Settrington, North Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.1208 / 54°7'15"N

Longitude: -0.7174 / 0°43'2"W

OS Eastings: 483930

OS Northings: 470201

OS Grid: SE839702

Mapcode National: GBR RNFS.HK

Mapcode Global: WHFBH.YPK8

Entry Name: Stable Block Approximately 20 Metres East of Settrington House

Listing Date: 10 October 1966

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1173941

English Heritage Legacy ID: 329739

Location: Settrington, Ryedale, North Yorkshire, YO17

County: North Yorkshire

District: Ryedale

Civil Parish: Settrington

Built-Up Area: Settrington

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: West Buckrose

Church of England Diocese: York

Find accommodation in
Settrington

Listing Text


SE 8370 SETTRINGTON CHURCH LANE
(east side, off)
10/57 Stable block
1O.1O.66 approximately 20 metres
east of Settrington House

GV II
Stable block; part now domestic accommodation, the remainder used for
storage. 1791 on datestone, with C20 alteration. For Sir Mark and Lady
Henrietta Masterman Sykes. Finely tooled sandstone to front, dressed
sandstone to sides and rear; timber eaves course; slate roof. U-shaped on
plan. 2-storey range of 7 bays, with taller centre bays on a plinth. Full-
height round-headed carriage arch with imposts to centre bay with clock
over. Part-glazed doors with pivoting fanlights to left and right. Two 12-
pane windows with pivoting upper halves further to left and one similar to
end right. Two 6-pane pivoting windows to upper floor on each side of the
arch. Stone sills to all windows and tripartite keyed lintels to all
openings. Mounting block beside door to right. Beneath the arch, to left,
is an original 6-panel door with ventilation slits to top panels. A tall
panelled cupboard contains the clock winding mechanism. Pyramidal roof with
ball finial to centre bay. Yard bell on wrought-iron bracket to left.
Remainder of roof is pitched and hipped over rear wings. Rear: wings
project on each side of the arch. Wing to left has 2-light, small-pane
horizontal sliding sashes to ground floor, and 6-pane pivoting windows to
the first floor, all with tripartite keyed lintels. Interior: the range to
left contains 3 loose boxes with C18 partitions and fittings.


Listing NGR: SE8393070201

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.