This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0588 / 54°3'31"N
Longitude: -1.3628 / 1°21'46"W
OS Eastings: 441804
OS Northings: 462727
OS Grid: SE418627
Mapcode National: GBR LPXH.RS
Mapcode Global: WHD9G.179S
Entry Name: Christ Church
Listing Date: 19 December 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1174037
English Heritage Legacy ID: 330349
Location: Marton cum Grafton, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, YO51
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Marton cum Grafton
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
SE 46 SW MARTON CUM GRAFTON CHURCH LANE, MARTON
4/82 (east side)
Church. 1876, John Ladds, incorporating materials from previous church of C12 partly
rebuilt after 1318. Sandstone. Welsh slate roof. Early English style. 3-bay
aisleless nave, single bay chancel flanked by vestry to south; north porch. Open
double bellcote to west gable. At the entrance from chancel to vestry a
reconstructed Norman doorway, incorporating 2 capitals, plain shafts and voussoirs
with zig-zag decoration from the earlier church. Other re-used details include the
north porch inner door arch and tympanum with a cross in a roundel. A capital is
incorporated into the piscina. The vestry window heads (to east) are C14. Font
partly early C14. Bell thought to be C12.
Listing NGR: SE4180462727
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings