This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.3047 / 54°18'16"N
Longitude: -1.6256 / 1°37'32"W
OS Eastings: 424462
OS Northings: 489961
OS Grid: SE244899
Mapcode National: GBR KL2N.VN
Mapcode Global: WHC71.0269
Entry Name: Church of St Gregory
Listing Date: 29 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1174356
English Heritage Legacy ID: 332321
Location: Crakehall, Hambleton, North Yorkshire, DL8
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Crakehall
Built-Up Area: Great Crakehall
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
CRAKEHALL THE GREEN
8/38 Church of St Gregory
Church. 1840 by John Harper. Coursed squared stone, ashlar dressings,
Welsh slate roof. 4 bay nave with bellcote and south porch, lower single-
bay chancel. Nave: plinth, offset buttresses to corners and between bays.
Small gabled south porch with chamfered pointed-arched doorway to left-hand
bay. Other bays have triple, chamfered stepped lancet windows, continuous
sill, stepped and moulded eaves. West elevation has lancets flanking
advanced central section supporting gabled bellcote; 2 pointed-arched
openings both containing 3 bells, above a pierced trefoil, gable cross.
Below bellcote is a clockface. Stone coped gables. Chancel: offset angle
buttresses and offset diagonal buttress to east end. Continuous sill band.
Stepped and moulded eaves. Stone coping, gable cross. East window of 5
tall lancets, triangular blocked window over. Interior very plain.
Listing NGR: SE2446289961
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings