This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.6456 / 53°38'43"N
Longitude: -1.1706 / 1°10'14"W
OS Eastings: 454924
OS Northings: 416879
OS Grid: SE549168
Mapcode National: GBR NV88.CX
Mapcode Global: WHDCG.ZMQM
Entry Name: Carriage House, Stables, Barn and Butchery at Old Hall Farm
Listing Date: 25 March 1968
Last Amended: 25 March 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1174479
English Heritage Legacy ID: 326486
Location: Walden Stubbs, Selby, North Yorkshire, DN6
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Stubbs Walden
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Womersley St Martin
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
WALDEN STUBBS COMMON LANE
SE 51 NW
5/13 Carriage house, stables,
barn and butchery at Old
25.3.68 Hall Farm
Carriage house, stables and barn, now barn, and butchery. Probably late C18
with later alterations. Magnesian limestone rubble with ashlar and brick
dressings and stone slate roof. L-shaped on plan. Main range originally 2
storeys now single tall storey, 8 first-floor windows with single tall
storey wing. Quoins. Central entrances to each range, a carriage arch with
ashlar architrave with keystone and imposts. To main range are 4 stable
entrances with ashlar surrounds, heavy lintels and imposts. First floor has
window openings now partly blocked, with ashlar architraves under brick
relieving arches. Range to rear has slits; Hipped roofs. Blocked mullion
window to right gable of main range. Pitching doors to gable ends.
Interior. King-post roofs. To butchery a hearth, copper and pulley wheel.
Listing NGR: SE5492416879
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings