This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1797 / 51°10'46"N
Longitude: -3.6061 / 3°36'21"W
OS Eastings: 287835
OS Northings: 143495
OS Grid: SS878434
Mapcode National: GBR LC.5SB1
Mapcode Global: VH5K2.FMZ1
Entry Name: Stoke Pero Church
Listing Date: 22 May 1969
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1174803
English Heritage Legacy ID: 265341
Location: Luccombe, West Somerset, Somerset, TA24
District: West Somerset
Civil Parish: Luccombe
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
SS84SE LUCCOMBE CP
5/58 Stoke Pero Church
Parish church, dedication unknown. C13 tower, 1897 church and tower reroofed and extensively restored, restored again
1955. Three bay nave and chancel without division, north porch, west tower. Random rubble local stone, slate roofs,
overhanging eaves, sprockets. Saddleback one and a half stage tower, gable ends set east-west, diagonal buttress to
string course, roof extended as catslide over north-west stair turret, small window as bell opening by stair turret,
Irregularly placed square opening west end. south front of nave two 2-light mullioned window to chancel, 2-light east
window, north front C19 3-light ovolo moulded mullioned windows flanking porch, buttress at junction of nave and
chancel, gabled single storey porch with plain pointed arch opening, chamfered pointed arch opening to inner door,
restored C16-C17 door with arcane lettering. Interior: rendered. No chancel arch, semi-circular tower arch, unmoulded
with ogee moulded impost to archivault. Late C19 open wagon roof with bosses, C19 pews incorporating some Cl7 bench
ends at west end. Pulpit of old panelling with moulded cornice. Baluster font. (Pevsner, Buildings of England, South
and West Somerset, 1958; Chadwick Healey, History of the Part of West Somerset, 1901).
Listing NGR: SS8783543495
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings