This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7997 / 51°47'59"N
Longitude: -0.3959 / 0°23'45"W
OS Eastings: 510706
OS Northings: 212447
OS Grid: TL107124
Mapcode National: GBR H7N.2QM
Mapcode Global: VHFS1.3115
Entry Name: The Bell and Shears Public House
Listing Date: 31 January 1973
Last Amended: 27 September 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1174936
English Heritage Legacy ID: 163727
Location: Redbourn, St. Albans, Hertfordshire, AL3
District: St. Albans
Civil Parish: Redbourn
Built-Up Area: Redbourn
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Redbourn
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
TL 1012 REDBOURN HIGH STREET
15/189 No 77 (The Bell and Shears
P.H.) (formerly listed as
31.1.73 The Red Lion Public House
and Nos 79 and 81).
Public House. C17 or earlier timber frame with a late C19 red
brick front. Plain tile roof in 2 sections, a narrower and
taller part on left continuing the roof line and cornice pattern
of Nos 79 and 81 (q.v.). 2 storeys. Wooden modillioned cornice
to whole front. 3 segmental-headed sash windows and 2 segmental-
headed doors. In the centre of the ridge towards the right is a
mid C17 red brick chimney stack with 6 square shafts on an H
plan. Interior is a 2-bay lobby entrance house on right. 1 bay
cross wing on left.
Listing NGR: TL1070912454
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings