This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6955 / 51°41'43"N
Longitude: -0.3884 / 0°23'18"W
OS Eastings: 511482
OS Northings: 200866
OS Grid: TL114008
Mapcode National: GBR H8T.QM1
Mapcode Global: VHFSF.7N03
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 7 January 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1175616
English Heritage Legacy ID: 158198
Location: Watford, Hertfordshire, WD25
Electoral Ward/Division: Woodside
Built-Up Area: Watford
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Leavesden All Saints
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
5259 HORSESHOE LANE
Church of All Saints
TL 10 SW 2/2
1853. Sir G G Scott. Flint and stone decorated Gothic church. Plain tile roofs
with fish-scale bands. Nave, chancel, lean-to aisle, west tower and south porch.
Tower rises from roof, plain, square with coped parapet at ridge level to nave,
narrow shingled bell-stage with gabled bell-openings rising into base of slim
broach spire, also shingled. Two-light windows with trefoil and quatrefoil heads,
larger and more elaborate to chancel, with hood moulds. Angle buttresses with stone
set-offs. Gabled timber south-west porch, tiled, with cusped bargeboards. Above,
2 carved stone roundels, angels carrying scrolls. Two heavy buttresses to west end
with long 2-light window between. Within, 3 bay nave, 2 bay chancel. Round columns
to south arcade. Moulded tower and chancel arches on carved corbels. Open timber
roofs, scissor trussed in chancel, arch-braced collar-truss with crown-post and upper
scissor rafters to nave. Stone pulpit and font circa 1853. Painted wood retable,
C14 Italian style, later C19. Chancel and south aisle glass circa 1853-60, all by
Wailes. Patterned glass west window also circa 1853.
Listing NGR: TL1148200866
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings