History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

17

A Grade II Listed Building in Clunbury, Shropshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.426 / 52°25'33"N

Longitude: -2.9782 / 2°58'41"W

OS Eastings: 333577

OS Northings: 281341

OS Grid: SO335813

Mapcode National: GBR B7.N7FL

Mapcode Global: VH76B.B9C2

Entry Name: 17

Listing Date: 1 December 1951

Last Amended: 28 May 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1175651

English Heritage Legacy ID: 257565

Location: Clunbury, Shropshire, SY7

County: Shropshire

Civil Parish: Clunbury

Traditional County: Shropshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire

Church of England Parish: Clunbury with Clunton

Church of England Diocese: Hereford

Find accommodation in
Clunton

Listing Text

CLUNBURY C.P. CLUNTON
SO 38 SW
3/60
No. 17
(formerly listed as Clunton
1.12.51
House Farmhouse)
GV II

Farmhouse. Dated 1737 with later additions and alterations. Roughly
coursed limestone slab masonry; slate roof replacing stone slates to rear.
2 storeys and gable-lit attic. 4-window front, early C19 multi-paned
cast-iron casements to 2 right bays and mid-C20 casements to 2 left bays
on first floor, all with stone wedge lintels grooved in imitation of
ashlar blocks; 3-light multi-paned casements on ground floor, to left and
between 2 right bays, both with tumbled stone heads. 4-panel door with
flat hood directly below third window from left. Integral end stack with
C19 purple brick shaft to right gable end and roughcast external lateral
stack with red brick top to rear on left. Datestone "JGM/1737" between
second and third windows from left on first floor. Iron sheeting to
left gable end said to conceal timber frame. Lower range attached to left
with granary on first floor has fixed-light window to centre and plank door
to right. Interior: stone-flagged floors throughout including to lower
range (dairy). Chamfered ceiling beams and stone inglenook fireplaces.
Oak winder staircase from first floor to attic, which has double-purlin roof
in 3 bays with trusses plastered over at time of resurvey (August 1986).
C18 plank and ledged doors.


Listing NGR: SO3357781341

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.