This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6215 / 52°37'17"N
Longitude: -2.7752 / 2°46'30"W
OS Eastings: 347614
OS Northings: 302920
OS Grid: SJ476029
Mapcode National: GBR BH.7X0W
Mapcode Global: WH8C6.BCPM
Entry Name: Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 10 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1175933
English Heritage Legacy ID: 259394
Location: Condover, Shropshire, SY5
Civil Parish: Condover
Built-Up Area: Dorrington (Shropshire)
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Dorrington
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SJ 40 SE CONDOVER C.P. DORRINGTON
9/92 Old Vicarage
Vicarage, now house. 1846 (datestone to centre gable), probably by Edward
Haycock (q.v. under Church of St Edward). Red brick on chamfered stone
plinth; slate roofs, double span to main section, with tall end stacks.
2 storeys, 1:1:1 bays with full-height gabled projection to centre; mid-C19
wooden mullioned and transomed windows in stone surrounds; central entrance,
half-glazed door with Gothic overlight under Tudor arch, moulded label;
central gable has carved decoration to bargeboards; 2 canted bay windows
on ground floor to rear. Lower service block to right has 2 mid-C19 case-
ments to first floor and 3 to ground floor. Forms a good and complete group
with Church of St Edward (q.v.) and associated gate piers, gates and railings
(q.v.). Included for group value.
Listing NGR: SJ4761402920
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings