History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Brick Barn, Cart Shed and Granary to North of Upwick Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Albury, Hertfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8959 / 51°53'45"N

Longitude: 0.1121 / 0°6'43"E

OS Eastings: 545428

OS Northings: 224032

OS Grid: TL454240

Mapcode National: GBR LC4.54Y

Mapcode Global: VHHLM.WLNZ

Entry Name: Brick Barn, Cart Shed and Granary to North of Upwick Hall

Listing Date: 14 January 1985

Last Amended: 22 May 1990

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1176034

English Heritage Legacy ID: 160113

Location: Albury, East Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, SG11

County: Hertfordshire

District: East Hertfordshire

Civil Parish: Albury

Traditional County: Hertfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire

Church of England Parish: Albury

Church of England Diocese: St.Albans

Find accommodation in
Manuden

Listing Text

In the entry for:-
14/9 ALBURY UPWICK
(south side)

Two main Brick Barns,
one Cart Shed and
Granary to north of
Upwick Hall

The address and description shall be amended to read:-

TL 42 SE ALBURY UPWICK
(south side)
14/9
Brick Barn, Cart Shed
and Granary to north of
Upwick Hall

GV II

C19. The barn is of brick and slate, one storey, seven bays, with diaper pattern
brickwork and board double door in full-height opening; part is used as staff
residence. Late timber-framed cart shed and granary form part of complex.
Another barn also of brick and slate, formerly located to the west, was dated and
initialled 1868, CS.

------------------------------------

TL 42 SE ALBURY UPWICK
(South side)
14/9
Two main brick Barns,
- One Cart Shed and Granary
to North of Upwick Hall

GV II

C19, the western building is dated '1868 (C and S)' on stone tablet in south
gable, brick and slate, one storey, nine bays, 3:5:3 range of brick columns
in relief on main flank walls with arched recesses. Two sets of double
vertically panelled timber doors in full height openings. The eastern building,
also of brick and slate, is one storey, seven days, diaper pattern brickwork,
part used as staff residence. Late timber framed cart shed and granary
form part of complex.


Listing NGR: TL4542824032

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.