History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Hall Farm House

A Grade II* Listed Building in Aston Eyre, Shropshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.5443 / 52°32'39"N

Longitude: -2.5126 / 2°30'45"W

OS Eastings: 365330

OS Northings: 294170

OS Grid: SO653941

Mapcode National: GBR BV.DVGC

Mapcode Global: VH83G.D9JX

Entry Name: Hall Farm House

Listing Date: 29 November 1951

Last Amended: 31 January 1989

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1176744

English Heritage Legacy ID: 254312

Location: Aston Eyre, Shropshire, WV16

County: Shropshire

Civil Parish: Aston Eyre

Traditional County: Shropshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire

Church of England Parish: Aston Eyre

Church of England Diocese: Hereford

Find accommodation in
Morville

Listing Text

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 21/09/2012


SO 69 SE 21/2
1954
29.11.51


ASTON EYRE
ASTON EYRE
Hall Farm House


II*


House, formerly in part gatehouse, c1300 and C17-C19. Coursed rubble stone,
timber-frame with rendered infill and red brick in part rendered. Plain-tile
roof with brick ridge, end and lateral stacks, two of which are of stone below
flues. Complex plan with wings to left and rear. The main range was originally
the gatehouse to the former hall (qv barns to west of Hall Farm House), and
is of 3 storeys. 2-window range of 2-light casements. Double-leaved part-glazed
door to left within gabled open porch with window over. Both these are within
the brick and stone walling which blocks the wide slightly-pointed arch of
the original gateway which retains the large blocks to jambs and voussoir.
Single-light casement and further 2-light just below eaves level. Massive
quoins. 2-storey brick wing to left, C18 and earlier, with C19 square bay
and pentice and 2-light casement over. C19 sashes and casements on twin-span
left end which is rendered. On right end is the brick and stone apple room
extension of single storey and loft. To rear are a C19 wing and a C17 wing
of timber framing in square panels. 2 storeys and attic. Further single storey
extensions. Rear of main range has 1st floor single-light stone-framed window
and a similar window on the gable behind the apple room where below are the
remains of probably a stone spiral stair. Interior: both gateway arches remain,
that to front with 3 iron spindles for the gates to swing on. To left a stone
cellar with remnant of spiral stair. Massive chamfered beam to sitting room
above. Ogee-stop- chamfered beams to rear wing where also massive open fire-
place to kitchen. Plank doors . Double-purlin roof to apple room. Stone walling
visible in room to right of entrance and above are possible remains of spiral
stair together with doorway which is now entrance to apple room.

Listing NGR: SO6533094170

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.