History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Lower Lovelinch Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Milverton, Somerset

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.0164 / 51°0'58"N

Longitude: -3.2674 / 3°16'2"W

OS Eastings: 311190

OS Northings: 124873

OS Grid: ST111248

Mapcode National: GBR LT.J81H

Mapcode Global: FRA 461F.GVJ

Entry Name: Lower Lovelinch Farmhouse

Listing Date: 25 January 1956

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1176817

English Heritage Legacy ID: 270472

Location: Milverton, Taunton Deane, Somerset, TA4

County: Somerset

District: Taunton Deane

Civil Parish: Milverton

Traditional County: Somerset

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset

Church of England Parish: Milverton

Church of England Diocese: Bath and Wells

Find accommodation in
Milverton

Listing Text

ST12SW MILVERTON CP WELLINGTON ROAD (West Side)

9/261 Lower Lovelinch Farmhouse
(formerly listed under General)

25.1.56

- II

Farmhouse. C16, enlarged 1605, and reputedly reroofed 1690. Rendered over random rubble, limestone dressings, coped
verges, brick stack left gable end and external stack on rear elevation. Probably open hall house, ceiled when porch
dated 1605 added, late C17 addition to left. 2-storeys, first floor 3-light ovolo moulded stone mullioned windows
flanking porch, 4-light below with single light opening under 2-light hood mould set right of porch. The 4-light
mullions appear to have been lengthened from size of other mullions. Centrally placed 2 storey porch with coped,
gabled, slate roof with finial, 2-light mullion under hood mould, string course and moulded 4 centred arch opening,
moulded jambs, hood mould with inscription below W.R. (William Richards) - 0.DHI. 1605. Moulded inner door frame with
flattened head and studded ledge and plank C17 door. To left single bay addition, independently roofed, hipped to left,
extensions at rear, including originally extended stair turret. Interior: entry into large lobby formed by moving
partition right, causing window on facade to be partially blocked. Blocked cross passage door, winder stair to left,
room to right has remains of plaster overmantle in entrance angle, plasterwork overmantel and winder stair to left of
fireplace. Bedroom above has plaster overmantle with coat of arms bearing residual colour, trimmed at top, (VAG Report,
unpublished SRO, January 1981).


Listing NGR: ST1119024873

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.