This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.911 / 50°54'39"N
Longitude: -2.8511 / 2°51'3"W
OS Eastings: 340260
OS Northings: 112735
OS Grid: ST402127
Mapcode National: GBR MC.QZFP
Mapcode Global: FRA 46XP.P2T
Entry Name: Frog Farmhouse
Listing Date: 4 February 1958
Last Amended: 18 February 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1176995
English Heritage Legacy ID: 264100
Location: Dinnington, South Somerset, Somerset, TA17
District: South Somerset
Civil Parish: Dinnington
Traditional County: Somerset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset
Church of England Parish: Hinton St George with Dinnington
Church of England Diocese: Bath and Wells
DINNINGTON CP COOMBE ROAD (West side)
5/15 Frog Farmhouse
(previously listed, incorrectly,
as Parsonage Farm House)
Detached farmhouse.C17.Ham stone ashlar; plain clay tiled roof with stone slate base courses between stepped coped
gables; brick end chimney stacks. Two storeys, 3-bay symmetrical facade. Ovolo-mould mullioned windows in wave- mould
recesses, no labels, 4-light to outer bays and 3-light upper centre bay, with some iron-framed opening lights having
curl stops, and horizontal glazing bars; to lower bay 2 a beaded architrave with base stops framing a 4-panel
part-glazed door, up one step. Against north gable, set back, a 2-storey single-bay extension with double Roman clay
tiled roof and brick chimney stack, no windows to east front but in north gable two 3-light ovolo-mould mullioned
windows in wave-mould recesses with square labels; south gable plain. Low single-storey extension to rear. Interior not
seen, but reported is a roof frame of tenoned purlin crnstruction, probably of c1796 when substantial works were
carried out. House thought to be the manor house belonging to the Pouletts but leased to the Brice family; house gained
its present name alter 1811 when it ceased to be the capital mansion; the estate dates from before 1246. (VAG Report,
SR0 unpublished, 1973; VCH, Vol III, 1974).
Listing NGR: ST4026012735
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings