This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5531 / 52°33'11"N
Longitude: -2.7297 / 2°43'46"W
OS Eastings: 350620
OS Northings: 295275
OS Grid: SO506952
Mapcode National: GBR BK.D8N1
Mapcode Global: VH83B.M3S4
Entry Name: Manor Farmhouse and Barns Adjoining to East
Listing Date: 7 April 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1177003
English Heritage Legacy ID: 259569
Location: Cardington, Shropshire, SY6
Civil Parish: Cardington
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Cardington
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO 5095-5195 CARDINGTON C.P. CARDINGTON
12/28 Manor Farmhouse
- and barns adjoining
Farmhouse and attached barns. Early C17, partly rebuilt c.1700 and
with some late C19 alterations. Dressed yellow/grey Hoar Edge Grit
sandstone, partly rebuilt in brick; plain tile roofs. L-plan house;
hall range rebuilt c.1700 with C17 cross-wing to left. One storey and
attic. Chamfered plinth to cross-wing; two C19 gabled brick eaves dormers
to right with 2-light wooden casements and brick ridge stack off-centre
to left. Left-hand cross-wing with double-chamfered stone window to
each floor (stone mullions removed and replaced with C19 three-light
wooden casements); hall range to right has two 2-light wooden casements
with keyed lintels flanking C20 half-glazed door with keyed lintel.
Blocked doorway off-centre to right with keyed lintel. Interior of
house not inspected but likely to be of interest. The hall range was
probably rebuilt c.1700 (see keyed lintels). L-range of barns adjoining
to right: mid-C17 weatherboarded and corrugated clad timber frame on
high sandstone rubble plinth; corrugated iron roof. 2 x 4 framed bays.
Framing: square panels, 3 from sole plate to wall plate. Scattered
openings and boarded doors. Interiors not inspected but much noted
including tie-beam trusses with raking struts, collar and tie-beam end
trusses with queen struts and v-struts, and butt purlins with wind braces.
The farmhouse and attached barns occupy an important prominent corner
position in the village.
Listing NGR: SO5060695270
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings