History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Three Monuments in Churchyard, South East of South Porch, Church of St Mary

A Grade II Listed Building in Seavington St. Mary, Somerset

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.


Latitude: 50.9306 / 50°55'49"N

Longitude: -2.851 / 2°51'3"W

OS Eastings: 340289

OS Northings: 114911

OS Grid: ST402149

Mapcode National: GBR MC.PRHX

Mapcode Global: FRA 46XN.345

Entry Name: Three Monuments in Churchyard, South East of South Porch, Church of St Mary

Listing Date: 18 February 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1177684

English Heritage Legacy ID: 264149

Location: Seavington St. Mary, South Somerset, Somerset, TA19

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset

Civil Parish: Seavington St Mary

Traditional County: Somerset

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Somerset

Church of England Parish: South Petherton with the Seavingtons and the Lambrooks

Church of England Diocese: Bath and Wells

Find accommodation in

Listing Text


5/68 Three monuments in churchyard,
south-east of south porch, Church
of St Mary


Two chest tombs and one headstone: a) Unidentified chest tomb, about 3 metres south-east of porch. Probably C17. Ham
stone - almost totally buried, only hollow-coved flat top visible above ground. b) Unidentified chest tomb, about 2
metres south-east of porch. Later C16. Ham stone. Base buried; plain sides and flanks; hollow-coved flat top.
Inscription on west end commemorates - - - - died 1587 c)Unidentified headstone, about 7 metres south of porch. Late
C17. Ham stone, about 560mm x 660mm x 110mm thick, with chamfered back; shouldered semi- circular top with wave-mould
panel having imposts and keystone. Inscription rather worn, but death date 1691.

Listing NGR: ST4028914911

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.