This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6335 / 52°38'0"N
Longitude: -2.7123 / 2°42'44"W
OS Eastings: 351888
OS Northings: 304208
OS Grid: SJ518042
Mapcode National: GBR BL.70YH
Mapcode Global: WH8C7.92NF
Entry Name: Pitchford Park Farmhouse
Listing Date: 14 May 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1177776
English Heritage Legacy ID: 259782
Location: Pitchford, Shropshire, SY5
Civil Parish: Pitchford
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Pitchford
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
PITCHFORD C.P. -
SJ 50 SW
6/125 Pitchford Park
Farmhouse. Circa 1774, by John Gwynn(e) (1713-86) of Shrewsbury.
Red brick with slate roof. 2 storeys and attic over basement. Dentil
brick eaves cornice and parapeted gable ends; pairs of gabled eaves
dormers to north and south with 2-light wooden casements, and integral
brick end stacks. North front: 2 windows; 16-pane glazing bar sashes
with painted lintels; roughly central doorway has door with 6 flush
panels, 3-part rectangular overlight and gabled lattice wooden porch.
Rear: 3-bays with blocked central doorway; left hand sash has been cut
down to create French casements and C20 casement has been inserted to
left. Probably later one storey service wing adjoining to west: one
storey and attic; 2 gabled eaves dormers to south and one to north,and
integral brick end stack; north front has pair of boarded doors to right
with 4-part segmental-headed overlight and C20 lean-to addition to left.
Interior of house not inspected but likely to be of interest because
of its architect. John Gwynn(e) was the architect of the English Bridge
in Shrewsbury and Atcham Bridge, one of the founder members of the
Royal Academy, and the author of a book on the planning of London.
The farmhouse forms a close group with a former coach house to the
east. VCH, Vol VIII p.117; Colvin, p.374; John Summerson, Architecture
in Britain 1530-1830, Penguin (1977), p.448.
Listing NGR: SJ5188804208
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings