This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7279 / 52°43'40"N
Longitude: 1.3606 / 1°21'38"E
OS Eastings: 627017
OS Northings: 319767
OS Grid: TG270197
Mapcode National: GBR WGH.WB4
Mapcode Global: WHMT2.WP3M
Entry Name: Coltishall County Primary School
Listing Date: 16 May 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1177816
English Heritage Legacy ID: 228144
Location: Coltishall, Broadland, Norfolk, NR12
Civil Parish: Coltishall
Built-Up Area: Coltishall
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Coltishall with Great Hautbois
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 2619 COLTISHALL CHURCH STREET (north)
8/11 Coltishall County
Village school, built 1845 and extended in 1875 and 1877 by Edward Boardman.
Built of knapped flint and gault brick dressings and slate roofs. Original
building now forms the central section of an 'I' shaped plan. The hipped
cross wings and internal angle porches added in 1875, the gabled north east
extension in 1877. Corrugated iron extension to north west and smaller red
brick extension, centrally at the rear. Symmetrical facade, with central
4 windowed pedimented bay, the cross wings of one window and the entrance
porches within the internal angle. Moulded brick corbelled eaves cornice,
and moulded brick verge to pediment. Sundial within pediment 2 and 3-light
hopper windows with brick hood moulds. Gault brick axial chimneys mark the
end of the original National School. Central axial timber bellcote with lead
covered spire with weather vane. Cast iron pumps one at the rear, against
the east wall of the north west wing, the other, against the west wall of
the eastern angle porch. Included for group value with Old School House.
Listing NGR: TG2701719767
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings