This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.9666 / 52°57'59"N
Longitude: -2.6813 / 2°40'52"W
OS Eastings: 354338
OS Northings: 341241
OS Grid: SJ543412
Mapcode National: GBR 7L.K368
Mapcode Global: WH89H.SPCM
Entry Name: 30-36, Dodington
Listing Date: 1 May 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1177882
English Heritage Legacy ID: 260626
Location: Whitchurch Urban, Shropshire, SY13
Civil Parish: Whitchurch Urban
Built-Up Area: Whitchurch (Shropshire)
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Whitchurch St Alkmund
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
WHITCHURCH URBAN C.P. DODINGTON (north-east
8/72 Nos. 30 to 36 (even)
Row of almshouses. Dated 1829. Grey sandstone ashlar with red brick to
sides and rear. Plain tile roof. Tudor Gothic style. One storey.
Chamfered plinth,and 3 parapeted gables to front with chamfered copings.
Pair of square stone ridge stacks with moulded cornices, and heightened
later in red brick. 8 bays; margin-light sashes with chamfered reveals.
Four C20 boarded doors, in centre and end bays, with chamfered reveals
and returned hoodmoulds. Chamfered narrow rectangular openings in end
gables. Central gable has moulded lozenge-shaped panel with superscription:
"BUILT / AND ENDOWED / BY / ELIZABETH LANGFORD / IN THE YEAR / MDCCCXXIX",
hoodmould with lozenge-shaped stops, and raised scroll beneath, superscribed:
"DA GLORIAM DEO".
Listing NGR: SJ5433841241
Other nearby listed buildings