This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.53 / 52°31'47"N
Longitude: -1.3469 / 1°20'48"W
OS Eastings: 444400
OS Northings: 292657
OS Grid: SP444926
Mapcode National: GBR 7M6.89R
Mapcode Global: VHCSX.LNSW
Entry Name: The Old Grange and Attached Stable Wing
Listing Date: 8 March 1963
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1178068
English Heritage Legacy ID: 188129
Location: Burbage, Hinckley and Bosworth, Leicestershire, LE10
District: Hinckley and Bosworth
Civil Parish: Burbage
Built-Up Area: Hinckley
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Burbage St Catherine
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
SP4492-4592 BURBAGE ASTON LANE (south side)
17/2 The Old Grange and
attached stable wing
House. C16 or early C17 house with kitchen wing to rear dated 1697.
Restored in the C19 and C20. Timber framed with painted plaster infill
panels; plain tile roofs with tall central gable; very large painted
brick end chimney breast to left with paired C19 tall brick stacks
above; red brick paired and shafted stacks to right of centre. 2
storeys with attic in gable: framing of 3 square panels to eaves level
and straight braces. Irregular fenestration with 5-light centre oriel
bay under apex of gable and a similar window below on first floor with
gabled hood over. Both have ovolo-moulded mullions, stand on heavy
brackets and would appear to be original. Triple casement windows on
both floors to right; 8-light ovolo-moulded mullion and transom bay
oriel to left with shallow pentice hood over, and 3-light square bay
oriel with shallow pentice hood over to left of centre. Square lattice
windows throughout. Half-glazed doors under small pentice hoods on
brackets to left and right. Long C19 red brick stable range to the
right. The rear wing is also brick, with chequer and diaper patterns.
Interior: Cross-passage plan. The Hall has a floor tile dated 1673,
and the parlour has a fireplace dated 1608. Hall, parlour and best
room on first floor are panelled. A staircase with turned balusters
leads to the first floor and attic. B.O.E. pp. 117 - 8.
Listing NGR: SP4440092657
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings