This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.91 / 52°54'36"N
Longitude: -3.093 / 3°5'34"W
OS Eastings: 326594
OS Northings: 335292
OS Grid: SJ265352
Mapcode National: GBR 71.NR67
Mapcode Global: WH78K.G3DY
Entry Name: Fron Farmhouse
Listing Date: 2 September 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1178162
English Heritage Legacy ID: 255815
Location: Weston Rhyn, Shropshire, SY10
Civil Parish: Weston Rhyn
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Weston Rhyn St John
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
WESTON RHYN C.P. FRON
SJ 23 NE
1/101 Fron Farmhouse
Farmhouse. Dated 1692 with later additions and alterations and extension
dated 1905. Painted uncoursed limestone rubble with roughly dressed angle
quoins; slate roofs. Original L-plan with 1905 addition in angle to left.
2 storeys plus gable-lit attic to cross-wing of C17 part. Mainly early C20
casements, one on each floor to gable of cross-wing and to gable of C20 addition.
Back wall has similar windows, irregularly spaced on 5 different levels, includ-
ing one lighting staircase. Entrance through early C20 door under contemporary
lean-to hood to left of cross-wing. External end stack to left of main range
and large external lateral stack of narrow red bricks and rubblestone to cross
wing, tops of both rebuilt in early C20 red brick. Contemporary red brick
ridge stack to rear of C20 addition. Roof apparently reconstructed 1905
with contemporary projecting double-purlin ends to gables. Early C20 datestone
"1692" to apex of cross-wing gable and date "1905" carved on tie beam of C20
addition. C19 rubblestone outbuildings (partly enclosing external stack)
attached to right wall of cross-wing and projecting to front. Interior.
Front room of cross-wing has chamfered spine beams with straight-cut stops
and infilled inglenook fireplace to right wall. C17 dog-leg staircase to
left of passage in main range and in line with entrance rises to attic and
has unusually carved splat balusters, moulded handrail and plain newel-posts.
Listing NGR: SJ2659435292
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings