This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7295 / 52°43'46"N
Longitude: 1.3499 / 1°20'59"E
OS Eastings: 626285
OS Northings: 319915
OS Grid: TG262199
Mapcode National: GBR WGH.S4D
Mapcode Global: WHMT2.QN0C
Entry Name: Parish Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 10 May 1961
Last Amended: 16 May 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1178235
English Heritage Legacy ID: 228190
Location: Horstead with Stanninghall, Broadland, Norfolk, NR12
Civil Parish: Horstead with Stanninghall
Built-Up Area: Coltishall
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Horstead All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 2619 HORSTEAD WITH STANNINGHALL RECTORY ROAD
8/57 Parish Church of All
10.5.61 Saints. (Formerly listed
as Church of All Saints.)
Parish church, early C14, restored by R.M. Phipson in 1879. Flint with stone
dressings, lead and plain tile roofs. West tower, nave, south aisle, south
porch, chancel and south choir chapel. West tower with base course, diagonal
stepped buttresses and stair turret. West window, 1-light with transom above
a cusped niche. Sound hole and 2-light belfry opening with reticulated tracery
and parapet above. 3 bay nave with C19 2-light windows in north wall. 4 bay
south aisle with early C14 doorway with hood mould decorated with fleurons
and carved heads for label stops. 3 C19 2-light windows. Perpendicular doorway
to south porch with attached shafts. 2-light windows to north and south, with
rectangular heads with hood moulds. Parapet and flush work base course. 2-
light C19 window in north chancel wall. 4-light C19 east window. Re-located
priest's door in C19 south choir aisle wall with keel mouldings. C19 4-light
east window. Parapet gables with carved stone kneelers. Interior mainly C19.
South door, early C14, with intersecting tracery. Piscina to its left. C19
4 bay arcase piscina in chancel. South aisle, east window, Morris glass,
designed by Burne-Jones. Monument to George Warren, died 1728 by James Barrett.
Corinthian column in front of a black obelisk. Octagonal font bowl, possibly
C13 on 5 columns. Some medieval bench ends with poppyheads in nave and chancel.
Listing NGR: TG2628519915
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings