This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7127 / 52°42'45"N
Longitude: -2.1861 / 2°11'9"W
OS Eastings: 387527
OS Northings: 312802
OS Grid: SJ875128
Mapcode National: GBR 17T.S5Y
Mapcode Global: WHBFC.D28P
Entry Name: Park House
Listing Date: 4 July 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1178315
English Heritage Legacy ID: 271563
Location: Lapley, Stretton and Wheaton Aston, South Staffordshire, Staffordshire, ST19
District: South Staffordshire
Civil Parish: Lapley, Stretton and Wheaton A
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Lapley All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SJ 81 SE LAPLEY C.P. LAPLEY
5/96 Park House.
House, circa 1860. Possibly incorporating C18 work. Brick with pebbledash
and stone copings, mouldings and dressings; flat roof invisible behind
crenellated parapet, incorporating stacks. Mock castle style with irregular
but nearly rectangular plan. Two storey six window frontage, tower rising
to three storeys to right of approximately central entrance with pseude -
machiolations; small bartizan at angle immediately to right. Labelled
stone mullioned windows with sashes and casements; transomed bay to right
of entrance and oriel over with moulded corbelling. Front door set between
flanking narrow windows with continuous label, stepped up over bas relief
stone coat of arms imitating those of Elizabeth I. Entrance steps with
flanking carved stone lion and griffin. Interior: Full depth hall with
diagonally laid encaustic tiles. Built for Col. G. S. Tudor, a supporter
of the Rifle Volunteer Movement, which, presumably determined the castellar
style, He also erected Fort St. George nearby, not included, to which
troops were marshalled and exercised.
Listing NGR: SJ8752712802
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings