This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7722 / 52°46'19"N
Longitude: -2.1382 / 2°8'17"W
OS Eastings: 390775
OS Northings: 319409
OS Grid: SJ907194
Mapcode National: GBR 179.08R
Mapcode Global: WHBF0.4L33
Entry Name: Church of St Lawrence
Listing Date: 2 January 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1178330
English Heritage Legacy ID: 271681
Location: Coppenhall, South Staffordshire, Staffordshire, ST18
District: South Staffordshire
Civil Parish: Coppenhall
Built-Up Area: Hyde Lea
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Dunston St Leonard
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SJ 91 NW DUNSTON AND COPPENHALL C.P. COPPENHALL
3/33 Church of St. Lawrence
Parish church. Early C13, restored c.1866. Ashlar; plain tile roofs.
3-bay nave and 2-bay chancel with buttresses at the junction and at the
east end. Early English style. Nave and chancel have lancet windows,
those to south wall of nave restored c.1866; 3 lancets in east wall, the
southernmost is round headed, each window head is cut from a single stone,
circular window of c.1866 to gable above, the west wall has 3 graded
lancets with a single pointed relieving arch over; pointed west doorway
with roll and fillet moulded arch and jambs and hood mould. Timber
bellcote of c.1866 above with louvred sides. Interior: Pointed chancel
arch with keeled roll moulding, springing from engaged semi-circular
columns with double roll moulded bases and concave capitals; the 3 western
lancets are set beneath a single pointed rere-arch, nave roof has king-
posts, with curved braces extending from posts to ridge piece and purlins.
Fittings: Font of c.1866, moulded base, octagonal pedestal and rounded
bowl; pulpit of c.1866, stone, trefoiled arch panels containing the symbols
of the 4 evangelists; altar rail of c.1866, wooden, open trefoil-headed
arcade. V.C.H. Vol. 5;B.0.E. P. 108.
Listing NGR: SJ9077519409
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings