History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Bulls Head

A Grade II Listed Building in Guildford, Surrey

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.2359 / 51°14'9"N

Longitude: -0.5726 / 0°34'21"W

OS Eastings: 499751

OS Northings: 149486

OS Grid: SU997494

Mapcode National: GBR FCK.D2K

Mapcode Global: VHFVN.165F

Entry Name: The Bulls Head

Listing Date: 1 May 1953

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1178361

English Heritage Legacy ID: 288932

Location: Guildford, Surrey, GU1

County: Surrey

District: Guildford

Town: Guildford

Electoral Ward/Division: Holy Trinity

Built-Up Area: Guildford

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey

Church of England Parish: Guildford Holy Trinity and St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Guildford

Find accommodation in
Guildford

Listing Text



SU 9949SE GUILDFORD HIGH STREET
(North Side)

8/70 Nos 123 and 125
1/5/53 (The Bulls Head)



GV II

Two houses, now shop and public house. Circa 1500, refaced in late C17/C18 and
restored in 1956. Timber framed clad in colourwashed render with parallel range
plain tiled roofs end-on to street. Three storeys with stacks to ridge of right
hand gable; jettied on second floor. One bay to each house. Rusticated upper
floors with one decoratively leaded second floor window in each gable over a
moulded bressumer, square bay oriel window to first floor left with 4 mullioned
and transomed lights with decorative leading. Wooden mock Tudor leaded windows
and pub front on ground floor left with door in angled corner. C20 shop front to
right with door to end. Left hand return front:- Four framed bays clad in brick
with plat band over ground floor and brick dentilled eaves; irregular C20
fenestration.
Interior:- Common wall plate to both houses. Crown post roof over Bulls Head
with plain unmoulded short crown posts on large cambered tie beams, sooted on one
side of centre truss.


Listing NGR: SU9974849489

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.