History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Ridlington, Rutland

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.6151 / 52°36'54"N

Longitude: -0.7504 / 0°45'1"W

OS Eastings: 484703

OS Northings: 302657

OS Grid: SK847026

Mapcode National: GBR CSB.33H

Mapcode Global: WHFKV.FJXK

Entry Name: The Old Rectory

Listing Date: 10 November 1955

Last Amended: 5 August 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1178362

English Heritage Legacy ID: 187518

Location: Ridlington, Rutland, LE15

County: Rutland

Civil Parish: Ridlington

Traditional County: Rutland

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Rutland

Church of England Parish: Ridlington St Mary Magdalene and St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Manton

Listing Text

RIDLINGTON HOLYGATE ROAD
SK 8402 and SK 8502
3/6 No 4. The Old Rectory
(Formerly listed as
10/11/55 Old Rectory)
II
House, formerly rectory. C17, C18, C19. Rubble, ashlar, stone tile roofs. Low
C17 wing with large C18 addition and C19 heightening and bay windowed frontal
wing. Lowest section on left is one storey with 2 casements, one of stone. Large
C18 range dated 1721 under E&R heightened in C19 above ashlar string course.
3 storey. Second floor has two 2-light casements with ashlar surrounds. First
floor has 5 sashes with ashlar surrounds and keystones. Embedded ashlar work
with decorative quoins on extreme left. Ground floor has five re-modelled ashlar
dressed windows. Frontal wing of 1830 has one 2-light casement with ashlar surround
above 2-storey tripartite bay. 3 ashlar surrounded sashes with keystones on first
floor. Similar on ground floor but with C20 windows. Six ashlar stacks. Ashlar
coping. Ashlar quoins. Entry to left of frontal wing. Classical doorcase from
East Norton Hall. There is a water colour in the church of the house before the
alterations of 1830.


Listing NGR: SK8470302657

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.