This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1014 / 53°6'5"N
Longitude: -0.7855 / 0°47'7"W
OS Eastings: 481414
OS Northings: 356712
OS Grid: SK814567
Mapcode National: GBR CL9.D8P
Mapcode Global: WHFHH.X94Q
Entry Name: Dial House
Listing Date: 15 October 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1178872
English Heritage Legacy ID: 242697
Location: Winthorpe, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG24
District: Newark and Sherwood
Civil Parish: Winthorpe
Built-Up Area: Winthorpe
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Winthorpe
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK 85 NW WINTHORPE GAINSBOROUGH ROAD (west side)
1/63 Dial House
House, late C18 and C20. Red brick under a hipped pantile roof with 3 brick
stacks. 2 storeys, the 1st floor being a C20 addition, 3 bays. With an eaves
band of 2 rows of single headers and stretches and an intercalated row of
dogtooth. The central, slightly projecting, pedimented bay, comprises central
doorway with plain surround, flanked by single flat headed glazing bar
casements. All with segmental relieving arches with ashlar imposts and
keystones. On the let floor are 2 glazing bar casements. The open pediment
now raised, has a single band of header bricks and dogtooth to the cornice.
Under the apex is an ashlar sindial. The 2 outer bays have a single glazing
bar casement to each storey. To the rear is a later brick lean-to.
Listing NGR: SK8141456712
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings