This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3229 / 53°19'22"N
Longitude: -0.9481 / 0°56'53"W
OS Eastings: 470163
OS Northings: 381185
OS Grid: SK701811
Mapcode National: GBR PZT0.JJ
Mapcode Global: WHFG8.DQRX
Entry Name: Former Stables to West Retford Hall
Listing Date: 14 September 1949
Last Amended: 5 November 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1179117
English Heritage Legacy ID: 240978
Location: Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire, DN22
Electoral Ward/Division: East Retford West
Built-Up Area: Retford
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Retford Team
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
Former Stables to
West Retford Hall
(formerly listed as
West Retford Hall
including stabling under
SK 7081 3/15A 14.9.49.
C18 stable court, altered. 2 storeys in brick with Welsh slate and pantile roofs.1 side has 4 windows and door and 2 windows with glazing bars and segmental-arched head above various windows, including 2 with Gothick glazing bars. Round-headed passage entry. Opposite side includes 2 carriage entries. 3rd side backs onto brick garden wall, with later storage extensions.
West Retford Hall, former stables, the Cottage, Rose Ghyll Cottage, Farm Building
to Rose Ghyll Cottage and Farm Building to south of slaughter house yard form a
Listing NGR: SK7016381184
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings