This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1107 / 51°6'38"N
Longitude: -0.985 / 0°59'6"W
OS Eastings: 471147
OS Northings: 135092
OS Grid: SU711350
Mapcode National: GBR B8K.9SP
Mapcode Global: VHDYJ.WB3W
Entry Name: West Cross Cottage
Listing Date: 11 October 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1179294
English Heritage Legacy ID: 142345
Location: Farringdon, East Hampshire, Hampshire, GU34
District: East Hampshire
Civil Parish: Farringdon
Built-Up Area: Upper Farringdon
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Farringdon All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Winchester
SU 73 lilt FARRINGDON UPPER FARRINGDON
West Cross Cottage
House. C16, early C17, and early C19. Slate-hung walls. Plain pantile roof,
shafted stack. Late medieval timber-framed hall of 2 bays, with C17 chimney
inserted in the smoke bay, with an upper floor and a north-side timber-framed
bay added, early and late C19 recladding and minor rear service block.
West front: 2 storeys, 4 above 2 windows. Upper casements and lower Victorian
sashes. Plain C18 doorframe , with 6 panelled (2 top glazed) door, within a
trellis porch masked by greenery. The lobby entrance form has been modified
by a C17 staircase projection at the rear, with an outshot to its south side.
The east wall has exposed brickrogged framing, and the single-storeyed service
wing at the north side is of brickwork, with a low pitched slate roof. The
north gable has lower walls of exposed framework, but most ot it is tile-hung
(late C19) with scalloped bands. Inside, the framework indicates the phases of
Listing NGR: SU7099735076
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings