History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Hall Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Stoke Bliss, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2586 / 52°15'30"N

Longitude: -2.5272 / 2°31'38"W

OS Eastings: 364109

OS Northings: 262399

OS Grid: SO641623

Mapcode National: GBR BT.ZY9D

Mapcode Global: VH84T.4HTF

Entry Name: Hall Farmhouse

Listing Date: 24 October 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1179614

English Heritage Legacy ID: 150726

Location: Stoke Bliss, Malvern Hills, Worcestershire, WR15

County: Worcestershire

District: Malvern Hills

Civil Parish: Stoke Bliss

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Teme Valley South

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Hanley Child

Listing Text

STOKE BLISS CP -
SO 66 SW
6/39 Hall Farmhouse

- II

Farmhouse. Circa 1400, altered C16, remodelled circa 1880 with further
later C20 alterations. Timber-framed with rendered infill, mainly refaced
in brick. Plain tiled roofs, moulded pendant finials and bargeboards at
most gable ends and brick ridge stacks. H-plan. Central range originally
a four-bay hall-house aligned roughly north/south with a cross-passage bay
at the south end. Cross-wing of two framed bays added at north end, probably
in the late C16 which has a lean-to outshut with a catslide roof on its north
side. South cross-wing added late C19. Two storeys, cellar and attic.
Framing: northern outshut has two rows of panels from sill to wall-plate on
its north side. Also collar and tie-beam truss with V-strut above collar
at west end of north cross-wing. Main west elevation: central range has a
ground floor single-light window with a cambered head, a gabled dormer with
a plain glass window and a half-glazed, hipped roofed C20 brick extension
with a half-glazed door. Left gable end has a 4-light ground floor casement
and a first floor 2-light casement (both with cambered heads) and a pair of
attic lights. The lean-to outshut has a first floor 2-light casement with
a cambered head and a lean-to C20 brick porch with a glazed door. The right
gable end has no openings. Interior: original part has retained its roof
structure including its central open truss and two chamfered collar trusses
with cusped raking struts. There is no evidence of former wind-braces. The
interior wall-framing of the cross-wing is largley intact and the cross-frame
has a chamfered arch-braced collar and tie-beam truss and doorway with a shaped
doorhead. In the original part a large chimney was built backing onto the
former cross-passage, probably in the C17, and a ceiling was inserted at the
same time with chamfered beams dividing it into 16 compartments. A detached
kitchen once stood to the south-west of the building which was demolished
in the late C20.


Listing NGR: SO6410962399

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.