This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.4004 / 54°24'1"N
Longitude: -1.7403 / 1°44'24"W
OS Eastings: 416960
OS Northings: 500582
OS Grid: NZ169005
Mapcode National: GBR JK9K.1B
Mapcode Global: WHC6D.7NKF
Entry Name: Richmond Bridge
Listing Date: 4 February 1969
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1179652
English Heritage Legacy ID: 321917
Location: St. Martin's, Richmondshire, North Yorkshire, DL10
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: St. Martin's
Built-Up Area: Richmond
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Richmond with Holy Trinity with Hudswell
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
NZ 10 SE
2/32 Richmond Bridge
GV II *
Bridge. Dated 1788-9. By John Carr of York. Ashlar sandstone. 3
segmental arches with voussoirs and hoodmoulds. Semicircular cutwaters
forming pedestrian retreats on roadway. Band below parapet which has
segmental coping. Parapets return as abutments in same style. In centre of
outside face of downstream parapet panel inscribed "REBUILT 1788 1789
II Blegborough T Hogg MAYORS". This inscription has recently been copied
onto inside face of upstream parapet. On centre of inside face of
downstream parapet recut panel inscribed "To Askrigg 18, To Lancaster 56
Miles". Below, a bench mark. On the site of an older bridge of 4 arches.
Half the bridge is in the parish of Richmond. Ancient Monument.
Listing NGR: NZ1696000582
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings