History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Two Barns and out Houses About 50 Metres West of Sheriff's Lench Manor Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Church Lench, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1407 / 52°8'26"N

Longitude: -1.9731 / 1°58'22"W

OS Eastings: 401940

OS Northings: 249159

OS Grid: SP019491

Mapcode National: GBR 3KQ.L0Z

Mapcode Global: VHB0L.RG88

Entry Name: Two Barns and out Houses About 50 Metres West of Sheriff's Lench Manor Farmhouse

Listing Date: 28 June 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1179712

English Heritage Legacy ID: 148324

Location: Church Lench, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR11

County: Worcestershire

District: Wychavon

Civil Parish: South Lenches

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Church Lench

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Ab Lench

Listing Text

SP 04 NW CHURCH LENCH CP SHERIFF'S LENCH

9/51 Two barns and out houses
about 50 metres west of
Sheriff's Lench Manor
Farmhouse

GV II

Two barns and out houses. Early C19. Brick, tile roof. Aligned north/south
under one roof. East front: nine major bay divisions, alternate bays with
gables; from left to right: segmental-headed cart entrance in segmental-
headed recess; semi-circular headed recess under gable; segmental-headed
opening in segmental-headed recess; three openings below gable, central
tall opening with semi-circular head (loft door over door) flanked by two
lower openings containing windows; semi-circular headed openings with low
wall; semi-circular headed barn door under gable; semi-circular headed opening
with low wall; barn entrance under gable with circular owl hole in gable; gable
over blind semi-circular headed recess. This forms an impressive range of well-
preserved farm buildings. Marked on the Tithe map of 1843. (Hereford & Worcester
Record Office 1572/543).


Listing NGR: SP0194049159

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.