This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1521 / 52°9'7"N
Longitude: -2.6451 / 2°38'42"W
OS Eastings: 355957
OS Northings: 250624
OS Grid: SO559506
Mapcode National: GBR FP.6DJB
Mapcode Global: VH85B.35HH
Entry Name: Maund Farmhouse
Listing Date: 11 June 1959
Last Amended: 21 May 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1179891
English Heritage Legacy ID: 149607
Location: Bodenham, County of Herefordshire, HR1
County: County of Herefordshire
Civil Parish: Bodenham
Traditional County: Herefordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire
Church of England Parish: Bodenham
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO 55 SE
Shown on OS Map as The Farm.
Farmhouse. Circa 1400 origins, partly rebuilt mid-C17 with further mid-C19
alterations. Partly rendered sandstone rubble, partly timber-framed with
painted brick and rendered infill on rubble base; slate and machine-tiled
roofs. Original structure had a main range aligned north-west/south-east
with intersecting cross-wings. In C17 the north-west cross-wing was
demolished and the main range extended north-west. Main range presently
of three bays with large external rubble chimney (partly fallen down) to
the rear north-east elevation and a similar chimney but with tiled offsets
and two rebuilt detached brick stacks at the north-west end. The south-east
cross-wing is of three bays. Two storeys. Framing visible at north-western
end of building. Six rows of panels from sill to wall-plate at rear, four
rows of panels in end wall. North-west end collar and tie-beam truss with
two collars, seven struts to lower collar, five to upper collar and V-strut
in apex. South-west front elevation: main range has a 3-light and a 4-light
C19 casement on the ground floor; both have cambered heads. There is a 3-light
C19 casement and two 2-light C19 casements on the first floor. Central entrance
has a hipped-roofed C19 porch on posts with trellis infill and a 6-panelled door
(four lower flush panels, two upper glazed panels). There is also the remains
of an original window of two ogee-arched lights. The cross-wing has a blocked
first floor opening and an ashlar parapet at its gable end and there is a door-
way in the angle with the main range. Lean-to addition at rear of cross-wing.
Interior is recorded to have original moulded ceiling beams forming eight square
panels on both floors of the eastern part of the main block. The western part
has plain chamfered ceiling beams. Also recorded to be an original stone door-
way with a two-centred head and chamfered jambs between the main block and
the east wing. The wing has three stone-lined recesses in the south wall and
one in the east wall. There is also recorded to be a late C17 staircase with
turned balusters, square newels and close moulded strings in the main block.
(RCHM Herefs II, p 15, item 4).
Listing NGR: SO5595750624
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings