History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Office Range Approximately 50 Metres to North of Hauxwell Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in West Hauxwell, North Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.3359 / 54°20'9"N

Longitude: -1.7529 / 1°45'10"W

OS Eastings: 416166

OS Northings: 493396

OS Grid: SE161933

Mapcode National: GBR JL69.9G

Mapcode Global: WHC6S.18LW

Entry Name: Office Range Approximately 50 Metres to North of Hauxwell Hall

Listing Date: 13 February 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1179903

English Heritage Legacy ID: 321934

Location: West Hauxwell, Richmondshire, North Yorkshire, DL8

County: North Yorkshire

District: Richmondshire

Civil Parish: West Hauxwell

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Find accommodation in
West Hauxwell

Listing Text

WEST HAUXWELL HAUXWELL HALL
SE 19 SE
8/49 Office range approximately
50 metres to north of
13.2.67 Hauxwell Hall
GV II
Gatehouse, offices and game larders, now museum. Dated 1858. Coursed stone
with ashlar dressings, Welsh slate roof. One and 2 storeys, 7 bays.
Quoins. Central 2-storey carriageway breaking forward with large panelled
doors, chamfered segmental arch with moulded imposts and keystone. Above,
coat of arms apparently of C17, in panel framed by large acanthus leaves,
with rope-moulding surround flanked by large strapwork scrolls. On either
side, an oculus with torus moulding to surround. Eaves band. Ball finials
on kneelers. Hipped roof, with pine-cone at apex. On either side of the
gatehouse, 3-bay single-storey ranges, with access from inner walls of
gatehouse. Cross windows. Above central window to left, coat of arms;
above central window to right, inscription "C.A.C. 1858". Ashlar copings at
ends, with ball finials to gables. Rear elevation, facing courtyard:
carriageway and end bays break forward. Above gateway, coat of arms in
cartouche flanked by 2-light mullion windows. Above each window of single-
storey ranges, a small square opening with X-tracery. End bays each
surmounted by a gable containing a keyed oculus with T-tracery. Ball
finials on kneelers.


Listing NGR: SE1616693396

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.