History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Huddington Hill Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Huddington, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2081 / 52°12'29"N

Longitude: -2.0756 / 2°4'32"W

OS Eastings: 394927

OS Northings: 256656

OS Grid: SO949566

Mapcode National: GBR 2HG.J1X

Mapcode Global: VH92P.ZR1M

Entry Name: Huddington Hill Farmhouse

Listing Date: 4 September 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1179916

English Heritage Legacy ID: 147863

Location: Huddington, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR9

County: Worcestershire

District: Wychavon

Civil Parish: Huddington

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Huddington

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Upton Snodsbury

Listing Text

HUDDINGTON CP HUDDINGTON
SO 95 NW
6/187 Huddington Hill Farmhouse
GV II
Farmhouse. Dated 1706, probably a remodelling of an early C17 building
with further mid-C19 and mid-C20 alterations. Part timber-framed with brick
infill, refaced and replaced with handmade and machine-made brick, plain
tiled roofs. H-plan; three-bay main part aligned east/west, sandstone
chimney with brick stack in easternmost bay, central porch wing and two-bay
cross-wings, west wing having an external chimney with off-sets. Two storeys
and cellar. Most window and door openings have cambered heads. South front
elevation: mainly C20 casements; central part has a ground-floor 2-light
window, a blocked window opening and a bay window in angle with right side
of porch and a brick stack to left of porch; porch wing has an archway and
a 2-light window in the gable; above the archway is a sandstone sundial dated
"1706", and within is a door with four raised and fielded panels and a moulded
architrave. The left gable end has a 2-light ground- and first-floor window,
a blocked first-floor window and a door with six raised and fielded panels and
a flat canopy. The right gable end has two ground-floor 2-light windows and
and attic light. Interior: some stop-chamfered main ceilings beams; timber-
framing exposed in west wall-frame; large back-to-back fireplaces to central
bay and east wing.


Listing NGR: SO9492756656

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.