History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Ravenshill Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Tibberton, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2054 / 52°12'19"N

Longitude: -2.1397 / 2°8'23"W

OS Eastings: 390546

OS Northings: 256360

OS Grid: SO905563

Mapcode National: GBR 1G1.RTX

Mapcode Global: VH92N.VTNQ

Entry Name: Ravenshill Farmhouse

Listing Date: 29 December 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1180013

English Heritage Legacy ID: 147891

Location: Tibberton, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR9

County: Worcestershire

District: Wychavon

Civil Parish: Tibberton

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Hadzor with Oddingley and Tibberton

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Worcester

Listing Text

TIBBERTON CP PLOUGH ROAD (east side)
SO 95 NW
6/215 (22/8) Ravenshill Farmhouse
29.12.52
GV II

Farmhouse. Late C17 rebuilding of older structure, extended early C18
with mid-C19 alterations. Handmade brick on lias limestone rubble base;
two-span plain tiled roofs. Two parallel three-bay ranges aligned north/
south, external chimneys with off-sets at gable ends except for north-east
end. Two storeys, attic with dormers and cellar; 3-course band between
main storeys of east range; dentilled eaves cornice to west range. West
entrance elevation: windows are C19 casements with cambered heads; 3-light
windows in outer bays and 2-light windows in central bay; main entrance
to right of left bay has a gabled canopy on shaped brackets and a C19 door.
Brick ridge stack to left of centre. Interior: moulded ceiling beams, most
of original oak doors and floors retained; the two first-floor rooms of the
east range have C17 oak-panelled fireplaces with cornices; above the fire-
place in the southern room, behind the wallpaper, is reported to be a
painting on canvas of Europa and the bull. A lias limestone rubble wall
divides the two ranges. The earlier east range has two gables with case-
ment windows; this was originally the front elevation of the C17 house.
The cellar lies beneath the later west range and was probably the cellar
of an earlier structure on the site. Said to be among the earliest complete
brick structures in the County. (VCH 3 (ii), p 537).


Listing NGR: SO9054656360

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.