This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7105 / 52°42'37"N
Longitude: -2.221 / 2°13'15"W
OS Eastings: 385166
OS Northings: 312554
OS Grid: SJ851125
Mapcode National: GBR 17Y.393
Mapcode Global: WHBFB.V4KF
Entry Name: Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 4 July 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1180167
English Heritage Legacy ID: 271579
Location: Lapley, Stretton and Wheaton Aston, South Staffordshire, Staffordshire, ST19
District: South Staffordshire
Civil Parish: Lapley, Stretton and Wheaton A
Built-Up Area: Wheaton Aston
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Lapley All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SJ 81 SE LAPLEY C.P. WHEATON ASTON.
5/74 Church of St. Mary.
Church. 1857 by Bidlake and Lovatt, Chancel 1893 by Lynhm. Random coursed
rough faced red and white sandstone with ashlar dressings, tiled roofs
banded with scalloped tiles, crested ridge and verge parapets. S.W. porch,
Nave, North Aisle, North West Tower, lower Transepts and Chancel in Lancet
style. Two light, pointed windows generally, three light East window with
flowing tracery. Interior: Four bay Nave with pointed arcade to North and
pointed arch to Chancel of two bays. Scissor braced and boarded roof of
heavier section in Chancel. Oak screen dated 1892; pulpit with some bas
relief carving; plain font and pews. Glass in East window by Kempe. Replaces
C17 Chapel of Ease of one cell without tower depicted in a watercolour over
the South West door.
Listing NGR: SJ8516612554
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings