History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St Peter

A Grade II Listed Building in Surrey Heath, Surrey

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.315 / 51°18'53"N

Longitude: -0.7393 / 0°44'21"W

OS Eastings: 487962

OS Northings: 158070

OS Grid: SU879580

Mapcode National: GBR D90.KX1

Mapcode Global: VHDXQ.46JS

Entry Name: Church of St Peter

Listing Date: 19 May 1954

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1180188

English Heritage Legacy ID: 287083

Location: Surrey Heath, Surrey, GU16

County: Surrey

District: Surrey Heath

Town: Surrey Heath

Electoral Ward/Division: Frimley

Built-Up Area: Frimley

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey

Church of England Parish: Frimley

Church of England Diocese: Guildford

Find accommodation in
Frimley

Listing Text

SU 85NE CAMBERLEY & FRIMLEY FORMER U.D. FRIMLEY GREEN ROAD,

7/14 Church of St. Peter
19/5/54
II

Church. 1825 by J.T. Parkinson, altered in 1887 by T. Goodchild. Coursed rough
dressed sandstone with sandstone dressings; slate roofs. Rectangular box shape
with nave and aisles, small square tower incorporated in west end and vestry
extension at right angles to south east corner. Perpendicular style with short
battlemented tower; louvred opening to top and faces under label mouldings, arched
Perpendicular style west window below under hood moulding. West end aisle windows
flanking tower, 2-light under label moulding end. 10 windows to north and south
sides, westernmost blocked. 5 arched windows above, 5 double arched windows below
under label moulding. Pediment to east end. Planked doors to west in stone,
2-centred arched surround with two foliage capital jamb shafts. Further door to
north east angle.

Interior:- 3 arches across west end. Gallery around 3 sides on cast iron columns
with leaf capitals. Flat wooden ceiling across nave, coved over galleries. Thin
stone altar arch, full height, with marble columns and foliage capitals. Altar
reredos arcaded. C19 fittings. Octagonal stone font on moulded stem and stepped
plinth.
PEVSNER: Buildings of England, Surrey (1971) p.248


Listing NGR: SU8796258070

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.