History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manor Cottage manor House

A Grade II Listed Building in Bringhurst, Leicestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.5205 / 52°31'13"N

Longitude: -0.7613 / 0°45'40"W

OS Eastings: 484142

OS Northings: 292118

OS Grid: SP841921

Mapcode National: GBR CT9.SFZ

Mapcode Global: VHDQP.RXC6

Entry Name: Manor Cottage manor House

Listing Date: 7 December 1966

Last Amended: 28 February 1989

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1180305

English Heritage Legacy ID: 190918

Location: Bringhurst, Harborough, Leicestershire, LE16

County: Leicestershire

District: Harborough

Civil Parish: Bringhurst

Traditional County: Leicestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire

Church of England Parish: Six Saints circa Holt

Church of England Diocese: Leicester

Find accommodation in
Great Easton

Listing Text

In the entry for BRINGHURST Manor House and
Hallam's Cottage
13/16 (formerly listed as
Farmhouse south of
Church)

the address shall be amended to Manor House and
Manor Cottage

------------------------------------
BRINGHURST

SP 8492

13/16 Manor House and Hallam's Cottage
(formerly listed as Farmhouse
S of Church)
7.12.66

GV II

2 houses, perhaps originally 1 dwelling. Dated 1636. Coursed rubble stone
with quoins and stone dressings and Collyweston slate roof with stone and
brick right ridge and left end stacks and rear gable end stack. Cross wing
on right end. Stone coped gables. 1½ and 2 and 2½ storeys of 5 3-light stone
mullion windows : 3 as gabled dormers with hood moulds, 1 just below eaves,
and that to right in cross wing and with hood mould. A similar 1-light above
this. On ground floor, from left, similar 4-light, 6-panelled door and overlight,
4-light, 6-panelled door, 1-light, and 3-light. The glazing bars of the overlight
centre left form diamonds, and there is a moulded 4-centred arch over the
doorway centre right. This is inscribed ANO DOMINI 1636 - R.S. - E.S.'
However Pevsner states this is brought in from outside.


Listing NGR: SP8414292118

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.