This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3782 / 51°22'41"N
Longitude: -2.2419 / 2°14'30"W
OS Eastings: 383261
OS Northings: 164375
OS Grid: ST832643
Mapcode National: GBR 1RZ.J0V
Mapcode Global: VH96P.3M5B
Entry Name: Misons Farmhouse
Listing Date: 13 November 1962
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1180409
English Heritage Legacy ID: 314628
Location: South Wraxall, Wiltshire, BA15
Civil Parish: South Wraxall
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: South Wraxall St James
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
ST 86 SW SOUTH WRAXALL LOWER WRAXALL
(north side) )
4/183 Misons Farmhouse
Farmhouse. Dated 1576 over doorway, extended C17 and early C19.
Random rubble stone, stone slate roof with saddleback coped verges
with finials, stone stacks with moulded cappings. L-plan. Two-
storey, 3-window. Gabled porch with Tudor-arched opening, inner
planked door with strap hinges in moulded Tudor-arched opening with
lettering over: 1576 GOD SAVE OUR QUEEN ELIZABETHE(sic) 1576, two
3-light ovolo-mullioned casements to left, lintel string course.
First floor has two 3-light and one 2-light mullioned casement, all
with hoodmoulds; left hand bay is C19 addition. Wing projecting
to front right has flush or ovolo-mullioned casements. Right
return has blocked doorway, 2-light chamfered mullioned casement
and pair of sashes, planked door to left, string course to first
floor with 2 and 3-light mullioned casements. Attached single-
storey C17 addition to right with mullioned casements. Rear of
main range has 4-light ovolo-mullioned casements, 3 and 2-light
mullioned first floor casements.
Interior has deep chamfered cross beams in room to left of
entrance. Moulded Tudor-arched doorway to rear of through
passage. Rear wing has large Tudor-arched stone fireplace with two
coppers to left, flagstone floor. Stone panel in through passage
inscribed GOD SAVE OUR QUEEN ELIZABETH 1575. JOHN MISON AN/ELIN
(sic) HIS WIFE.
Listing NGR: ST8326164375
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings