This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6443 / 51°38'39"N
Longitude: -1.1645 / 1°9'52"W
OS Eastings: 457911
OS Northings: 194272
OS Grid: SU579942
Mapcode National: GBR 90F.SHZ
Mapcode Global: VHCY8.RXRW
Entry Name: The Rectory
Listing Date: 14 May 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1180497
English Heritage Legacy ID: 248136
Location: Dorchester, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX10
District: South Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Dorchester
Built-Up Area: Dorchester (South Oxfordshire)
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Dorchester
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
DORCHESTER MANOR FARM ROAD
SU5794 (East side)
5/105 No.10 (The Rectory)
Shown on sheet as The Vicarage.
Rectory. 1857 by David Brandon for Revd. W.C. Macfarlane. Coursed squared
limestone rubble with ashlar dressings; Welsh slate roof with stone and brick
stacks. Complex plan. Gothic style. 2 storeys. Irregular front has large central
gable with a porch, to left, sheltering an arched entrance. Stone mullioned and
transomed windows all have trefoil-headed lights. Similar arrangement at rear
includes a shield of arms, for Saints Peter and Paul, and the date 1857. Almost
unaltered exterior. Interior not inspected. In close juxtaposition with the
Abbey (q.v.) The Abbey Guest House (q.v.) and The Manor House (q.v.). Included
for group value.
Listing NGR: SU5791194272
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings