This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4884 / 51°29'18"N
Longitude: -1.087 / 1°5'13"W
OS Eastings: 463490
OS Northings: 177002
OS Grid: SU634770
Mapcode National: GBR B3S.N08
Mapcode Global: VHCZ3.3VQC
Entry Name: Lychgate and Attached Wall Approximately 30 Metres North of Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 16 August 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1180663
English Heritage Legacy ID: 247447
Location: Whitchurch-on-Thames, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, RG8
District: South Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Whitchurch-on-Thames
Built-Up Area: Pangbourne
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Whitchurch
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
WHITCHURCH HIGH STREET
SU6377 (West side)
13/229 Lychgate and attached wall
approx. 30m. N of Church of
Lychgate and flanking walls. c.1858. Probably by Henry Woodyer. Stone base;
timber framing; plain tile roof. Archway with pierced trefoils to spandrels.
Double gates. Gabled roof with cross-gables to centre front and rear. Flint wall
with angled stone coping to left and right. Included for group value.
Listing NGR: SU6349077002
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings