This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3609 / 51°21'39"N
Longitude: -2.2851 / 2°17'6"W
OS Eastings: 380246
OS Northings: 162468
OS Grid: ST802624
Mapcode National: GBR 0QS.R2D
Mapcode Global: VH96V.B2T1
Entry Name: Haugh Farmhouse and Attached Barn
Listing Date: 14 June 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1180917
English Heritage Legacy ID: 314746
Location: Winsley, Wiltshire, BA15
Civil Parish: Winsley
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Winsley St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
ST 86 SW WINSLEY HAUGH
4/298 Haugh Farmhouse and attached barn
Farmhouse and barn, rebuilt 1731, possibly including some older
work, squared rubble stone with stone slate roof, coped gables,
north end stack and ridge stack. Two storeys and attic. House is
symmetrical three-window range with end stacks, three hipped
dormers and 2-light stone cross windows in beaded architraves.
Similar surround to centre door with heavy hood on uncarved
brackets. To left of ridge stack, a one-window similar section
with ground floor plain door, first floor cross-window and dormer
in roof. Barn range beyond has two large elliptical arched
openings flanking arched door with square window above. Datestone
1731 to right of door. Left of two large openings was into barn,
right was to throughway, blocked similar opening on rear wall.
Lean-to cart-entry rear right. There is a straight joint and
coping up to stack on rear whereas front stonework is uniform.
House rear has central eaves dormer and cyma-moulded 2-light
stairlight below. Lean-to to left.
House was held by Druce family in C17 as tenants of Tidcombe
family of Little Ashley. Sold 1725 to Edward Heylin, clothier, who
rebuilt it. Heylin was bankrupt 1737 and sold it to Lea family.
At 1841 Tithe survey owned by G. Melsom.
Listing NGR: ST8024662468
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings