This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.9081 / 50°54'29"N
Longitude: -0.4367 / 0°26'12"W
OS Eastings: 510006
OS Northings: 113238
OS Grid: TQ100132
Mapcode National: GBR GJX.Y52
Mapcode Global: FRA 96ZP.TZG
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 9 May 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1181126
English Heritage Legacy ID: 298836
Location: Storrington and Sullington, Horsham, West Sussex, RH20
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Storrington and Sullington
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Sullington St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
SULLINGTON SULLINGTON LANE
The Old Rectory
TQ 11 SW 12/518
Probably built in 1824 by the Rev George Palmer who was Rector of Sullington
from 1824-1859, and his son, Canon Henry Palmer, after him from 1859-1928 or
114 years in all.
Two storeys. Four windows. Ashlar with long and short quoins and stringcourse
of Roman cement. Wide eaves bracket cornice. Hipped slate roof. Windows
in moulded architrave surrounds with glazing bars intact. Porch of solid type.
Large bay of three windows on ground floor of west front.
Listing NGR: TQ1000613238
Other nearby listed buildings