This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7228 / 51°43'22"N
Longitude: -1.1305 / 1°7'49"W
OS Eastings: 460159
OS Northings: 203032
OS Grid: SP601030
Mapcode National: GBR 8ZH.WJF
Mapcode Global: VHCXX.CY7P
Entry Name: Barn Approximately 50 Metres East of Dove House
Listing Date: 25 October 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1181267
English Heritage Legacy ID: 246400
Location: Cuddesdon and Denton, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX44
District: South Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Cuddesdon and Denton
Built-Up Area: Cuddesdon
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Cuddesdon
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 6003 CUDDESDON AND DENTON CUDDESDON
6/12 Barn approx. 50 metres east
of Dove House
Barn. Possibly C16, reconstructed early C19. Limestone rubble with ashlar
dressings; plain-tile roof. 9-bay plan. Opposed full-height central doors,
south of which side walls have deep buttresses with sloping weatherings
flanking slit windows. South end wall is plain with a high-level slit window.
The north end of the barn has probably been rebuilt and there is a hipped early
C19 king-post roof of unusually wide span. The building was possibly
originally aisled with end gables.
Listing NGR: SP6015903032
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings