This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.722 / 51°43'19"N
Longitude: -1.1328 / 1°7'58"W
OS Eastings: 459997
OS Northings: 202944
OS Grid: SP599029
Mapcode National: GBR 8ZH.VTR
Mapcode Global: VHCXX.9ZZ8
Entry Name: Stables and Attached Farm Building Approximately 25 Metres West of Manor House
Listing Date: 18 July 1963
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1181282
English Heritage Legacy ID: 246402
Location: Cuddesdon and Denton, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX44
District: South Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Cuddesdon and Denton
Built-Up Area: Cuddesdon
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Cuddesdon
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 60 SW CUDDESDON AND DENTON CUDDESDON
3/14,9/14 Stables and attached farm
18/07/63 building approx. 25 metres
west of Manor House
Stables and farm building. Circa 1700 and mid c18. Coursed limestone rubble
with ashlar dressings; old plain-tile roof. L-plan. One storey and loft.
Mid C18 main range, banded with ashlar, has central doorway with 3-centre
arched head, moulded architrave, keyblock and imposts. It is flanked by cross-
windows with keyblocks and above is an oeil-de-boeuf window flanked by hay-loft
openings under a moulded stone eaves-cove. To left, breaking slightly, is the
end of a earlier range which returns to rear. It has 2 semi-circular arches
with keyblocks and linked imposts, and in the spandrel is an oeil-de-boeuf
window with 4 keyblocks. The arches are now blocked and contain doorways
similar to that in the main range. A plain stone eaves-cove returns around the
rest of the building. The bay to left is partly obscured by a timber structure
Interior: The 3-bay roof to the main range has 2 truncated upper crucks with
spurs, and has 2 rows of clasped purlins. The rear wing also has 2 upper
crucks and a further truss at the junction with a massive cambered tie-beam
resting on a 2-storey jowled post.
(V.C.H Oxfordshire V, p.101)
Listing NGR: SP6002302968
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings