This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3178 / 52°19'3"N
Longitude: 1.2723 / 1°16'20"E
OS Eastings: 623124
OS Northings: 273892
OS Grid: TM231738
Mapcode National: GBR VL2.QGQ
Mapcode Global: VHL9Q.00GJ
Entry Name: The Old Chemist's Shop
Listing Date: 29 July 1955
Last Amended: 18 December 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1181293
English Heritage Legacy ID: 280206
Location: Stradbroke, Mid Suffolk, Suffolk, IP21
District: Mid Suffolk
Civil Parish: Stradbroke
Built-Up Area: Stradbroke
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Stradbroke All Saints
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
STRADBROKE CHURCH STREET
TM 27 SW
8/86 The Old Chemist's Shop
- (formerly listed as
29.7.55 Premises immediately
north of Town Close)
House and veterinary surgery. Circa 1600. Timber framed and plastered with
traces of ashlar-lining. Pantiled roof, the front slope with modern concrete
tiles. 2 storeys. 3 windows, C19 casements. C19 doorway with architrave,
cornice and half-glazed 4-panel door. To left a pair of French windows with a
pedimented cornice. To right are canted former shop windows, rebuilt mid C20.
Internal stack. Interior not examined.
Listing NGR: TM2312473892
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings