This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5902 / 51°35'24"N
Longitude: -1.1929 / 1°11'34"W
OS Eastings: 456008
OS Northings: 188236
OS Grid: SU560882
Mapcode National: GBR 914.C6X
Mapcode Global: VHCYN.89Q9
Entry Name: The Hall
Listing Date: 9 April 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1181312
English Heritage Legacy ID: 248749
Location: South Moreton, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX11
District: South Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: South Moreton
Built-Up Area: South Moreton
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
SOUTH MORETON MAIN STREET
SU5688 (South side)
17/136 The Hall
House. Late C17, early C18 front, C19 extension to rear. Grey brick with red
brick dressings; old plain-tile roof; brick ridge stack to left of centre,
various stacks to rear. 3-unit plan. 2 storeys and attic; 7-window range.
4-panel part-glazed door with overlight to centre with cambered flat arch of
rubbed brick with painted fluted keystone. 12-pane unhorned sashes to all
openings, except blocked openings to left and right of centre to ground and
first floor. All openings have cambered flat arches of rubbed brick with painted
fluted keystones. Moulded red brick band to eaves. Panelled parapet to attic
with 7 panels with cambered flat arches of rubbed brick with painted fluted
keystones, except leaf-motif keystones to left and right of centre. Hipped
dormer to right. Sloping roof-light to left. Interior: early C20 open well
staircase to centre. Queen-post roof. Ovolo-moulded spine beans to ground and
first floor. Some ovolo-moulded panelling to ground floor left.
Listing NGR: SU5600888236
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings