History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Green Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Wyverstone, Suffolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2678 / 52°16'4"N

Longitude: 0.9891 / 0°59'20"E

OS Eastings: 604056

OS Northings: 267504

OS Grid: TM040675

Mapcode National: GBR SHM.YNR

Mapcode Global: VHKD9.388B

Entry Name: Green Farmhouse

Listing Date: 14 June 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1181481

English Heritage Legacy ID: 279579

Location: Wyverstone, Mid Suffolk, Suffolk, IP14

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk

Civil Parish: Wyverstone

Traditional County: Suffolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk

Church of England Parish: Wyverstone St George

Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich

Find accommodation in
Cotton

Listing Text

WYVERSTONE MILL ROAD (NORTH SIDE)
TM 06 NW
4/123 Green Farm House
-
GV II

Farmhouse. Early to mid C17 with front block added 1795, date on garden wall.
Timber frame, plastered. Steeply pitched plaintiled roofs, hipped on front
block. 3 bay front block at right angles to earlier hall and parlour cells to
rear left converted to service wing, an L on plan. 2 storeys with attic in
rear wing. Offset brick plinth, a central part glazed, part raised 6 panelled
door, reused doorcase, architrave with panelled jambs, panelled frieze with
'TGC 1837', consoles to hood with panelled soffit. Part opening metal frame
3-light glazing bar casements, 2 lights to centre on first floor. Boxed
eaves. To rear right an extruded stack in a slate roofed lean-to addition, a
first floor leaded 2-light casement. Left return to service wing has a late
C18 cross axial ridge stack towards front, an earlier axial ridge stack with
cap rebuilt between kitchen and dairy, or original hall and parlour. Rear
gable end attic casement. Inner return has a lobby entrance. Interior: early
wing has an ovolo moulded axial binding beam in former parlour to rear, broach
stopped cross axial binding beam on stop chamfered storey posts in former
hall. Late C18 stair with columnar newel, slat balusters, moulded handrail.
First floor parlour chamber ovolo moulded axial binding beam, stop chamfered
wallplates; collars and halved principals clasp purlins. Frame concealed in
front block. Attached to front left corner is a low flint and red brick wall,
about 1m high, curved round to enclose part of front garden, offset plinth,
rounded coping, the date 1795 is picked out in=red brick on the wall's outer
face.


Listing NGR: TM0405667504

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.