History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stables and Coach House and Attached Walls Approximately 25 Metres North North West of the Old Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Cuxham with Easington, Oxfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6527 / 51°39'9"N

Longitude: -1.0406 / 1°2'26"W

OS Eastings: 466471

OS Northings: 195311

OS Grid: SU664953

Mapcode National: GBR B1X.7RV

Mapcode Global: VHCYB.XQ8F

Entry Name: Stables and Coach House and Attached Walls Approximately 25 Metres North North West of the Old Rectory

Listing Date: 3 April 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1182073

English Heritage Legacy ID: 248932

Location: Cuxham with Easington, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX49

County: Oxfordshire

District: South Oxfordshire

Civil Parish: Cuxham with Easington

Traditional County: Oxfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire

Church of England Parish: Cuxham

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Cuxham

Listing Text

CUXHAM WITH EASINGTON CUXHAM
SU6695
12/86 Stables and coach house and
attached walls approx. 25m.
NNW of The Old Rectory

GV II

Barn, converted into stables and coach house. Barn dated 1750 on tie beam,
remodelled c.1824. Originally timber-framed. Coursed limestone rubble with early
C19 vertical brick dressings; weatherboarded right gable wall; half-hipped old
tile roof. Old plank double doors set in heavy frame to central through-entry:
segmental brick arch over blocked doorway to left. Rear wall has
segmental-arched heavy frame to central entry, and segmental brick arch over
plank coach house doors to left. Interior: cobbled floors: segmental brick
arches over plank doors to coach house on left, and stables on right with 4
stalls. Collar-truss roof with curved under-principals, Subsidiary features:
tall wall to right of limestone rubble with tile saddleback coping. Included for
group value.


Listing NGR: SU6647195311

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.